Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cold Snap!

My friend from South Dakota thinks we are real wimps in San Francisco...but the idea of a "cold snap" definitely comes to mind in thinking about the raging hot temperatures from last week, to the really chilly days of this week. I had thought that the colder weather would mean less families at our Good Sam toddlers class on Tuesday...but to my delight, more than our usual showed up. I had an interesting conversation with the Mission Branch Librarian once about how, in my experience, the cold weather seems to keep our families at home and away from class. She had found it to be quite the opposite at her toddler lap sits in the library - cold and rainy weather means parks were out and the library fills up. Of course, I have noticed a difference of demographic between her lap sits and my classes...but perhaps, the culture of reading a good book when it's cold outside is starting to rub off on our families....I hope so.

-Dawn Noelle

No comments: