Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bubbles!

We had a lot of fun at the Tenderloin Children's Playground today, experimenting with bubbles. Even though I really like the little bubble wands we made with pipe cleaners, the winner was the bundle of straws for making the most bubbles. The book Bubbles, Bubbles by Kathi Appelt captivated everyone's attention and was a great way to follow up on our fun. In my search for books about bubbles at the Library also found Bubble Trouble by Margaret Mahy which I would have happily read to an older group of children who could sit through more involved language. I had fun reading it to myself, anyway. I'm getting better at working with this mixed age group and a larger setting - simplifying the projects for them to be more hands on for the toddlers, even though we are working with the Year 1 curriculum. I'm also enjoying getting to know these new families, though every so often, a family I've met in another one of my classes wanders in.

-Dawn Noelle

No comments: