Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shaking it Up!

I have really enjoyed training the teacher who is now working implementing our class through Jamestown at César Chávez Elementary School. Showing her the ins and outs of our curriculum, and my own style of teaching was not without it's rewards. In talking about materials for our projects, she mentioned that she was planning to use small boxes rather than plastic bottles for our shaker craft. I decided to do the same, especially since I was able to get just the right size boxes at SCRAP. I wasn't even planning to do this before I went shopping. The mothers in the City College babies class really took these boxes to town, and created some really cool little shakers for their babies. The best part was seeing the faces of the babies light up as they moved their little shaker boxes, and listened to the sound they made.

-Dawn Noelle

No comments: